Friday, June 6, 2014

ReDesigning / ReImagining

I remember when I was in my early 20s, most achievements came so effortlessly. I've always had a great road map in my mind of how my life would go and by God's grace and my hardwork my dreams flourished. Marriage and Motherhood were in my mental road map and when I accepted my husband's hand in marriage I had NO idea how this commitment would impact my outlook on life, myself, my role in the world. Marriage -- sharing my life with someone I truly love -- has been thee most humbling experience to date.

This is not a gloom and doom marriage story...anymore...lol. We had a very dark time but I see light now and I'm glad we were able to stick it through. We are blessed to have elders in our lives that offered their love, support and opinions yet still gave us room to "figure it out". July 2014 will be our seven (7) year anniversary and we've both grown, matured and diminished so much of our egos that we're able to be understanding, listen  for more meaning and respond in love. This growth process hasn't always felt good; but getting to the other side is true Victory.  Life always brings more challenges but I take comfort in believing that we'll overcome them together, more gracefully than before.

The video I posted below is of Denzel Washington speaking to a group of actors; but he's sums up a message I hear from my grandmother, an extremely wise woman, a lot. Your well meaning, good ideas and desires are God ideas. My thoughts about my life's path and how to achieve peace, joy and prosperity are desires of God for me, specifically. God sent these ideas; these desires to me. Now, its my obligation to put in the work to make these dreams come true!  This is marriage. This is motherhood. This is entrepreneurship.

I've still got more goals to achieve but I'm proud of me because I know that I'm diligent about continuously improving my spiritual, mental, physical, and emotionally self to be a better me. I won't allow the dreams that my loved ones have FOR me impede on my own vision for myself. I'll be joyful re-designing my future; re-imagining my days. This will be exciting and I'm Bonnie along for the ride.












No comments: