Thursday, November 20, 2008

When God, When?

When God, When?
by Joyce Meyer

We all want good things to happen in our lives, but too often we want
it now...not later. When it doesn't happen that way, we are tempted to
ask, "When, God, when?" Most of us need to grow in the area of trusting
God instead of focusing on the "when" question. If you're missing joy
and peace, you're not trusting God. If your mind feels worn out all the
time, you're not trusting God. The tendency to want to know about
everything that's going on can be detrimental to your Christian walk.
Sometimes knowing everything can be uncomfortable and can even hurt you.
I spent a large part of my life being impatient, frustrated and
disappointed because there were things I didn't know. God had to teach
me to leave things alone and quit feeling that I needed to know
everything. I finally learned to trust the One who knows all things and
accept that some questions may never be answered. We prove that we trust
God when we refuse to worry.

God wants us to live by discernment-revelation knowledge, not head
knowledge. It's difficult to exercise discernment if you're always
trying to figure out everything. But when you're willing to say, "God, I
can't figure this out, so I'm going to trust You to give me revelation
that will set me free," then you can be comfortable in spite of not
knowing. Trusting God often requires not knowing how God is going to
accomplish what needs to be done and not knowing when He will do it. We
often say God is never late, but generally He isn't early either. Why?
Because He uses times of waiting to stretch our faith in Him and to
bring about change and growth in our lives.

1 comment:

Kool.Kid.Kris said...

AMEN!
I love Joyce Meyer. She reminds me a lot of myself. Good...matter of fact, great word.